Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Good people of Charlotte...

I truly like each and every one of you, but I cannot contain my frustration any longer. So I'm begging you -
PLEASE STOP
PULLING FORWARD
INTO A
PARKING SPOT!

I know this may sound petty and mean, but folks, there are reasons that this behavior can no longer be tolerated. Here's just a couple of them:

First, I accidentally (I swear it's not on purpose!) ram your side mirrors when I open my back doors to get my kids out of the car. And if I am, by some miracle, able to avoid slamming into your mirror with my door, chances are, my youngest will be kicking and screaming pretty forcefully and will get a good jab in. 

Secondly, its just a wee bit annoying when you are waiting patiently for a parking spot, only to have someone - from the next lane over - pull in and forward just when you are about to claim what you have waited patiently for. I really am not one to try to the get the absolute closest spot to the door, but when I lose a spot because someone has pulled forward, I become irritated.  And irritated moms are no fun.

Last, you have reverse as a gear on your car for a reason - if nothing else than to back out of parking spots.  Now, my car is a bit older, so if new cars actually do not have the reverse gear, please correct me. Otherwise, let's see you use that gear!

Good people of Charlotte, you guys are so friendly and so welcoming. I truly hate to give you a hard time for something so small and insignificant as this... So let's all band together, and make a positive change in 2013.  Resolve to no longer pull forward into parking spots!

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment